Swimming is one of the best workouts for maintaining your overall fitness level as well as for relaxing your mind. It comes across more as a fun sport, than an exercise, and this is the reason why it is very popular amongst people of almost all age groups. However, in order to become an expert at the sport, it is necessary to indulge in beginners swimming workout session. If your very start is incorrect, you cannot expect any achievements in terms of effectiveness and benefits later on. In other words, it is very necessary to pay attention to the swimming lesson for beginners and ensure that the proper swimming technique is being adopted. The swimming workout tips given below will also come handy to beginners.
Beginners Swimming Tips
- In the beginning, you should not try to over attempt, in terms of the duration of your swimming session as well as its pace. It is advisable to maintain a slow and comfortable pace to start off. Don’t swim for more than 15-20 minutes in the initial stages.
- As a beginner, swimming three or four times per week, that too for 15-20 minutes at a stretch, will give you the best results.
- Throughout your swimming session, it is advisable to keep a constant track of your heart rate. This is to ensure that you are not over-stressing yourself and are in the right training zone.
- If you are feeling tired and fatigue, switch over to low intensity strokes, like sidestroke or breaststroke. You can even swim a few laps, seeking the aid of kickboards.
- For toning your legs, hips and belly, you can do some kickboard kicks. On the other hand, if you want to enhance your breathing skills, it is best to hop up and down in the water.
- If you are looking out for a high intensity-swimming stroke, then crawl or freestyle would be the perfect choice.
- Each and every time you perform a stroke, make it a point to stretch your body well.
- Practice breathing exercise in-between workouts. It is a great way to relax your body and make swimming a delightful experience.
- If you want to make sure that your energy levels stay high for a longer duration, make sure not to kick too hard in water.
- Whenever you are swimming, keep your head tilted in the forward direction, at such a level that water comes up to your hairline only.
- While doing a stroke, extend your arm in front, as much as it is possible. Now, clasp a handful of water and pull it back.
- Rolling with each stroke is very necessary while swimming. For instance, if you have extended your right arm, make sure to keep your right side lower than your left one.
Competitive swimmers are very choosy about swimsuits. Before purchasing a swimsuit, you must define the purpose you have to purchase a swimsuit for. You must pay attention to the fabric of the swimsuit.
Swim cap prevents your hair from heading towards your eyes. Swim caps are usually made up of plastic or rubber. Remember to dry your cap properly after usage and sprinkle some talc on it
Goggles are essential parts of swimming accessory. You have to choose these carefully, for a wrong choice lead to problems in future, regarding which you might have to repent. Goggles' role is to keep the water out of your eyes. Never compromise on quality and try out different pairs to find which one is right for your eyes.
Kickboards ( for kids)
These are training equipments which help improve your kicking power. These are gripped with both the hands when training. If you find your ankles not that strong and flexible, then you can use swim fins in place of kickboards to boost your ankle flexibility